At New Stagers, although we’re an amateur theatre group, we like to pride ourselves on the quality of our productions.
Over the last few years, we have won and been nominated for a number of awards from the National Operatic and Dramatic Association as part of their annual London Region awards:
- Our productions of Perve and Follow Me (Best Actress, Anne Shutte) have been nominated for awards in 2017
- Our production of Macbeth was nominated for three awards (drama, best actress, best actor) in 2016 and our Panto Puss in Boots was nominated for best performance in a panto
- Runner up for Best Dame and nominated Best Panto for Treasure Island, and nominated for comedy award (Blithe Spirit) in 2015
- Winner of the Best Drama award for “Oleanna” in 2014, along with nominations in both the Best Actor and Best Actress categories for “My Romantic History”
- Winner of the Best Female Character (Joanna Dodd as Eva) and Flame Award for “Kindertransport“; Runner Up for Best Panto for Cinderella in 2013
- Winner of the Flame Award 2012 and Highly Commended for Best Drama for “Suddenly Last Summer“
- Nominated for Best Panto 2011 for “Dick Whittington”
- Nominated for Best Drama 2010 for “Skirmishes”
- Winner of the Flame Award 2009 for the Pinter double “One for the Road” and “The Dumb Waiter”
- Highly Commended for Best Drama 2006 for Abigail’s Party
New Stagers In-House Awards
In November 2003, New Stagers held our first in-house awards ceremony to establish the views of the entire group and award recognition to several deserving productions and members. As this was the first ceremony, members were allowed to vote on productions from the last five years. The ceremony is now biennial, with the group voting on shows for the two previous years.
Photos and the list of winners are recorded for posterity below (click year):